NZLC New Zealand Language Centres, Wellington, New Zealand
Why choose NZLC?
Our mission is to provide industry-leading English language education that enriches lives and creates pathways to new opportunities in New Zealand and beyond.
• We are OPEN – we value new ideas, welcome feedback, and embrace change.
• We CARE – we are ready to help and we take pride in everything we do.
• We EMPOWER people – We inspire each other to grow.
• We are a COMMUNITY – We respect diversity and we work together to create a positive local and global impact.
The Study Travel Magazine (ST) Star Awards were originally established in 2006 as a unique and prestigious peer-voted recognition for international language education schools.
The NZLC team is highly honoured to have been chosen as the winner of the ST Star English Language School Award – Southern Hemisphere in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. Winning the award 5 times in a row elevates us to the ST Hall of Fame.
Established in 1984.
With over 35 years of experience in the English language education industry, our dedicated and experienced team provide our students with the highest standard of English language tuition and we work to ensure that all of our students achieve their full potential.
Registered and audited by the New Zealand Qualification Authority (NZQA).
NZQA is a government organisation that carries out quality assurance audits on education providers in New Zealand.
Code of Practice: NZLC have agreed to observe and be bound by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students. Copies of the code are available on request from NZLC or from the NZQA website.
NZQA Category 1 School.
NZQA conducted an EER (External Evaluation Review) at NZLC in November 2017. NZLC was rated ‘Highly Confident in educational performance’ and ‘Highly confident in capability in self-assessment’. On this basis, NZLC is deemed a Category 1 school by NZQA. This reflects NZLC’s dedication to delivering quality English programmes.
Working rights for STUDENT VISA HOLDERS.
All international students studying at high quality providers who are rated Category 1 by NZQA in the English language sector are allowed to work by Immigration New Zealand.
Students studying a full-time course that is at least 14 weeks in duration at NZLC Auckland or NZLC Wellington can work up to 20 hours per week!
• Foundation member of English New Zealand– a guarantee of quality standards.
Member schools must meet the current English New Zealand Standards in addition to the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) requirements for registration and accreditation.
The Standards assess:
1. staffing, employment and professional development (including teaching
2. qualifications and experience)
3. curriculum and course delivery
4. the student experience: facilities, resources and support
5. governance and management
6. promotion and student recruitment
The English New Zealand Standards cover academic and management criteria, and members must employ teachers with specialist TESOL qualifications and experience.
Regular audits and random spot checks of member schools ensure quality are maintained.
- GENERAL ENGLISH
- BUSINESS ENGLISH
- CAMBRIDGE B2 FIRST (FCE)
- CAMBRIDGE C1 ADVANCED (CAE)
- PATHWAY PROGRAMME
186 Willis Street
+64 (0)4 802 4620